- Bartlett, Alison. 2019. Reading the ‘Gold Coast Symphony’ in Thea Astley’s The Acolyte. Queensland Review 26.2: 232-244.
- Campbell, Rachel. 2019. ‘The Whole Work is Full of Primitive Rhythms’: The Folk-Primitive Origins of Peter Sculthorpe’s National Music. Musicology Australia 41.1
- Henderson, Margaret. 2019. Trumpets at the Walls of Jericho? Two Australian women’s post-punk memoirs. Association for the Study of Australian Literature conference, University of Western Australia.
- Bartlett, Alison. 2018. Gold Coast Symphony: making music of place in Thea Astley’s The Acolyte. The Literary Interface Convention, Australian National University, 2018.
- Bartlett, Alison. 2018. Creative Liberties: Imagining Percy Grainger in film, fiction, and poetry.’ Musicological Society of Australasia conference, Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.